SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS I WARNED YOU
– ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH ARGH
– So if you’ve read the plot synopsis or watched the trailer, you know what the general outline is.
– Outside of that, this book is mostly the setup for Battle Grounds–it’s setting up Harry Dresden in relation to everyone and everything else that’s going to happen.
– GUESS WHAT HAPPENS. NO, GO ON. GUESS.
– Not that we didn’t expect them to, but the peace talks fall through, because everyone should have known that the Fomor are…man, what is the Fomor’s actual problem?!??? I mean, it’s got to be hard living as beings of concentrated and complete assholery without redeeming values, right?
– I’ve always distrusted Lara. She is a genuine monster. She has no regard for human beings. But. She genuinely cares about Thomas. I’ll give her props for that.
– Goodman Grey complaining that apparently everybody and their kid brother who saw a spy movie once is watching Justine? Lol.
– HARRY PAYING GOODMAN GREY WITH A WADDED-UP DOLLAR THAT’S BEEN THROUGH THE WASH?
– HARRY LUVS MURPHY AND MURPHY LUVS HARRY AND THEY BURN LARA RAITH BOOYA SUCK IT MURPHYS HATERS
– MURPHY HAS A VALKYRIE FANGIRL HITTING ON HER BECAUSE MURPHY IS HARDCORE I LOVE MURPHY SUCK IT MURPHY HATERS
– McCoy is dead. I mean, he’s still walking around right now, but the man is dead. He’s gone in Battle Grounds. It’s gonna happen. There is NO WAY he and Harry are going to get to have that talk THAT THEY DESPERATELY NEED TO HAVE (sob).
– River Shoulders!!
– MARCONE! MARCONE ROCKS. Let me repeat that. MARCONE EFFING ROCKS.
– Who was Mab?!?
– OH GOD THOMAS. BUT THERE IS HOPE. There is hope. The reformed Fidelacchius only kills evil things, and it is capable of leaving (innocent) physical flesh completely unharmed. So it could theoretically kill the Hunger demon, right? RIGHT? RIGHT?
– HARRY IS GOING TO USE THE KNIFE.
– HARRY IS GOING TO USE THE KNIFE
– HARRY IS GOING TO USE THE EFFING LANCE OF LONGINUS KNIFE TO TRY AND IMPRISON A PHYSICAL ACTUAL GOD IN DEMONREACH.
– ACK ACK ACK ACK AND WE ALREADY KNOW IT’S NOT GOING TO BE ENOUGH. OH GOSH. IS IT? OH OH OH MY GOSH.
CURSE YOU JIM BUTCHER!