– The Lost Wolves of Japan – Brett L. Walker – It’s not a great sign when your first chapter is entirely filled with the author trying to explain exactly what a Japanese Wolf was (they’re extinct), and filled with caveats. Nevertheless….
– Wolves on the Hunt: the Behavior of Wolves Hunting Wild Prey – L. David Mech, Douglas W. Smith, Daniel R. McNulty – “Once upon a time” has turned out to contain wolves, and anyhow it’s a lot more interesting than the gambling book.
– The Road to Amber – Collected Stories of Roger Zelazny. This has a couple of previously published non-Amber short stories and novellas, as well as the handful of post-series Amber shorts which may or may not have been formally published during Zelazny’s life. There’s also a short biography/retrospective.
– Watchlist: Technically, up next is Green Fire (1954), starring Stewart Granger and Grace Kelly as opal miners. In reality, I’ve been watching Chuck, WandaVision, and Person of Interest.
– Rebel Princess, a C-Drama starring Ziyi Zhang (that girl from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and myriad movies thereafter) has floated across my attention. Ziyi Zhang is an excellent actress. However, she’s also forty-one and apparently playing a teenager. I may check it out.
– Mind you, all of this is set to the backdrop of I set my own schedule and last week I worked thirty-nine hours in four days.