Oven to, uh, IDK, 375ish. (F)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cu….eh, close enough, flour
- 1 tbsp….come on, seriously…baking powder
- salt. Yeah, just go for it. You might try taste-testing the combined dry ingredients to see if it’s good enough. Just make sure to observe all proper aceptic procedures whilst so doing.
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
Combine dry ingredients, and then add wet ingredients.
- 1 cup buttermilk (aka: greek yogurt)
- 1/2 stick butter or margarine
- 1 egg
- vegetables of choice, chopped (I use bell peppers and onions, primarily. Someone more heat-tolerant might add jalapenos)
- cheese of choice (such as: that $1 bottle of fake Parmesan from the discount grocery)
- meat or meat substitute of choice (assuming that the fake bacon lasts long enough to be added to the recipe, that’s the best choice.)
Actually you should probably add the add-ins before you add the buttermilk, eggs, etc. Anyhow, mix and bake immediately. It’s extremely good with salsa and scrambled eggs.
Random protip: collapsible silicone baking dishes, when no longer hot, can be collapsed to serve as a plate.